The dust has settled. Most of the final announcements of what shows did and didn’t make it has come out, as Fall and Spring line-ups have made the list. Did your favorite show get cancelled?
As of today, here’s what we know. This should be the final list. Well, at least until those random mid season cuts for shows that never really launch.
Officially Cancelled TV Shows:
- CBS: 2 Broke Girls, American Gothic, BrainDead, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, Doubt, Great Indoors, Odd Couple, Pure Genius
- NBC: Blacklist:Redemption, Emerald City, Grimm, Powerless
- ABC: American Crime, Conviction, Dr. Ken, Imaginary Mary, Last Man Standing, Notorious, Real O’Neals, Secrets and Lies, The Catch, Time After Time, (Scandal will NOT be coming back either….calling it quits at the end of Season 7).
- FOX: APB, Making History, Pitch, Rosewood, Scream Queens, Sleepy Hollow, Son of Zorn
- CW: Frequency, No Tomorrow, Reign, Vampire Diaries
- CMT: Sun Records
- MTV: Loosely Exactly Nicole, Mary + Jane, Sweet/Vicious
- VH1: Dating Naked, The Amber Rose Show
- SYFY: Aftermath, Incorporated
- Disney: Best Friends Whenever, Gamer’s Guide To Pretty Much Everything, Girl Meets World
Also: Man Seeking Woman (FXX), Saving Hope (ION), Eyewitness (USA), Manzo’d with Children (Bravo), Review (Comedy Central), Please Like Me (Hulu).
A couple of shows will get midseason treatment, meaning they won’t start till January, as opposed to launching in the fall. That list includes ABC’s Quantico and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. the later will follow after the new Marvel’s Inhumans runs this fall.
Some notable newbies added to the list include a new Bachelor spin-off, as well as Dancing With The Stars: Kids edition. We’ll also see a couple more live musicals, including Bye Bye Birdie (NBC) and a Christmas Story: The Musical (Fox) in December, Jesus Christ Superstar (NBC) around Easter, and a live animated/action Little Mermaid (ABC) in October. Fox will also be doing RENT live, but no date has been announced.
As previously announced, NBC is bringing back Will and Grace for a 12 episode revival, which will be on Thursdays, as they bring back “Must See TV” Thursdays, adding This Is Us to the Thursday line-up. Not to be outdone, ABC is bringing Roseanne back.
There’s also a couple spin-offs coming, including a new Bachelor: Winter Games spin-off (most likely cashing in on the 2018 Winter Olympics) and… Dancing With The Stars: Kids Edition.
Also, in case you hadn’t heard, NBC decided to renew Timeless 48 hours after announcing it was cancelled.
BTW, a limited few shows are on the fence including Prison Break (FOX), 24:Redemption (FOX), Training Day (CBS), Celebrity Apprentice (NBC), Chicago Justice (NBC), Ransom (CBS), and Trial & Error (NBC).